Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gifts

Since being home, I have found Marguerite donned with Josh-gifts many times. An incomplete inventory includes: Josh's bottle, several pacifiers (This is his favorite gift. He knows the importance of some good pacifier time.), a ball, and the surgical sponges from the hospital. So sweet, especially given that this list includes most of Josh's favorite things, save the sponges.


We also had a Birth Day party for Marguerite. Gabe decorated the cake. I think the sprinkle layer was at least 1/4 inch thick. Impressive skill. Gifts were also exchanged. I think Gabe was most excited about the pink tutu skirt he picked out for Pillow. He wants his sister to be a princess in pink. Side note: The other day, I had her dressed in an old hand-me-down from the boys - something pretty gender neutral. Gabe said disapprovingly, "Mom, she looks like a boy."


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love it! I'm so excited Gabe will be making sure you dress her like a princess! :) I love the picture of her with Josh's bottle. What sweet boys you have to take care of their baby sister. I love you all!

P.S. the cake looks yummy....

Megan Bush said...

Those good brothers! And I love the Barbie candle on the cake, by the way.

Smith Moments said...

Oh these stories are priceless and so well told. Everything you write floods my mind with memories...like when Diggy generously gave new born baby Kirsten his pillow (which he loves). It covered her completely in her little bassinet.
And can we order one of Josh's cakes for our upcoming birthdays??

Brian said...

Barbie candle is complements of Abuela. Word.