Saturday, August 7, 2010

Joshua Wales Everette Garcia

Contrary to popular belief (and a little unclear mass communication), our newest son's name is not Joshua Wales Maximillian Vidal Garcia. Five names is a little excessive. Four is much more prudent. So we went with Joshua Wales Everette Garcia. Joshua after the Old Testament Prophet. Wales and Everette after my very inspiring grandfather, Wales Everette Aldridge, whose birthday he now shares with Joshua.

Mr. J was born on August 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM at 7 lbs 1 oz and 19 inches. So far all he does is sleep.

My mom arrived August 3rd to help before the baby was born. We were quite productive that night organizing our house. And then Joshua decided he wanted to come join the party a little earlier than expected. I went into labor 7 hours after my mom got to our house. Here she is with he newest arrival.

Checking into the hospital. Despite having "pre-registered" we still had about twenty minutes of paper work to fill out when we got there.

Brian while I was in labor...

And here is the man of the hour. This picture is a bit deceptive. He's not really chubby at all.
The old man picture.

I brought a majority of our baby shoes to goodwill last week thinking that all of our children would have square, flat, thick feet, much like Gabe's. Joshua has tree fingers and toes and long, skinny feet with arches.

Gabe visiting at the hospital. Doesn't he look ecstatic? He actually is doing quite well with the changes and likes to tickle Joshua. He also thinks Joshua is silly because he tries to eat his blanket.


Brian and Joshua shortly after birth.

Mom and Joshua shortly after birth.

10 comments:

Megan Bush said...

Yay! Welcome to the family baby Joshua! Finally, a Garcia grandchild with arches. Pops will be so proud someone took after him.

Montana Brandts said...

Congratulations!! What a cutie, I love all the hair! We can't wait to meet him one day!!

Momma_S said...

He's adorable!! You & Brian make the cutest kids:) We can't wait to see him in person. Let us know when his blessing is. We'll do our best to be there!!! We love you guys!!!!!!

Angie said...

So fun! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Erica and Brian! I can't believe how much he looks like Gabe! I hope to meet him here soon! :)

Kelly said...

So sweet! Congratulations!

Ruth said...

He is adorable. You are gorgeous. I love the pictures of your two boys... Oh, I wish we lived close. I know you have your mom now, but I would come mop your floor and take both boys so you could shower in peace. I love you (all of you)! Can't wait to meet the newest munchkin!

Smith Moments said...

What an adorable family!! Joshua fits right in!! It sounds (and looks...your pictures are great!)like everything went very well. I love the picture of Gabe at the hospital...I have one of Kenny visiting Diggy for the first time, and Kenny's facial expression (similar to Gabe's) shows how strange the whole experience was from his cute little toddler perspective. But my boys have been inseperable for many years. I'm sure you now have two eternal friends to mother...an important job that you'll be sooo good at!! What lucky boys!
Hugs and Kisses,
Amy

Harriet Toothfighter said...

First of all, he's adorable! Secondly, you, Erica, look fantastic. Congratulations to all four of you!

Jen said...

Congratulations!