Sunday, May 13, 2012

I love that Mother's Day is a time to reflect on what I do all day every day.

I'm incredibly grateful for the wonderful children with which I have been blessed. I'm grateful to make fun memories with them, like go to the zoo, where the most interesting thing they found, after 2 hours of driving, was this wishing well. (Which Gabe peed in while I wasn't looking. But the zoo employee sure was looking.)

And I absolutely love their little (sometimes really BIG) personalities. Josh loves to put this fire person hat on and walk around the house with the "choo choo". My favorite thing about Josh right now is the way he sings Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star. "Winkle, Winkle, da da STAR!"

And Gabe tells funny jokes like:
"Knock Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Apple"
"Apple who?"
"Eat Apple!" 
(Said with a look on his face that clearly expresses his opinion that he is just about the funniest person in the world.)

Then there's the little one. Everyone just loves Marguerite. Whenever she's awake (and happy), the whole family gathers around and tries to make her smile. It's not difficult to do, but you pretty much feel like the king of the world when you achieve your goal.

No comments: