Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gratitude

Josh delights in patty-cake.
We delight in watching him.

I could gush over both boys these days. I'm very grateful for them.

The other day, I was chatting with another mom at the park whose husband is stationed in Afghanistan for the next three years. I am amazed at her (and her husband's - and children's) willing sacrifice for our country. I am humbled and grateful so many are trying to make our country better. And for what? To be able to watch our little ones play patty-cake, knowing they'll grow up in a better world. It made me ponder my own contribution to making this world better. It seems insignificant most days, but hopefully it will mature to something great (or great-ish) in the years, decades, and even centuries to come.




(Yes. We bathe Josh after almost every meal.)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

He is so cute! You cut his hair off. Take a video of him playing patty cake! You are making a much better worls by raising two amazing boys! I know I need to do more for our country! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.