Monday, July 4, 2011

Vacation: Part I

June 15: Drive 475 miles.
June 16: Drive 714 miles, 2 of them through a crazy dust storm. I've never driven through fog that thick, let alone, dust.
June 17: Drive 530 miles. Arrive at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

We were glad to be in a house. The kids were so excited about sleeping in hotels that they - well - didn't sleep. I was exhausted and had to retire from most days by 9:30 to recover.

We stayed there for 5 days and fit in quite a bit.

We celebrated Father's Day and my birthday.
(The 4th in a row Brian and I have spent apart. Uncanny.)


Gabe helped Grandpa in the garden.

Josh went from this mess...

...to this little boy.
 You'll notice Josh still only has his bottom two teeth.


Gabe went four wheeling with Grandpa.

And Josh helped rearrange my parents cupboards. Many, many times.

No comments: